Introduction to Medical Affairs in Medicine Development course offers skills and knowledge needed to transition from advanced degree to successful career
In fact, despite recent growth and increased prominence within the biopharmaceutical industry, the public and even many members of the healthcare community are unaware that Medical Affairs exists. Very basically, Medical Affairs is trusted source of scientific information that sits alongside Research & Development and Marketing/Commercial functions, helping healthcare providers, payors and policy makers learn to better use emerging drugs.
MAPS conceptualizes the Medical Affairs profession according to 12 Focus Area Working Groups, for example the following (full list HERE):
• Field Medical: Works directly with healthcare providers and other Key Opinion Leaders to optimize the patient benefit of new drugs
• Insights: Acts as a conduit into the organization for important learnings from the healthcare provider and patient experience
• Medical Communications: Ensures external stakeholders receive timely, fact-based information about emerging products
• Strategy & Launch Excellence: Plans for the successful launch of new products to market
• Patient-Centricity: Interfaces with patients, patient advocates, caregivers and others to ensure the biopharmaceutical industry is meeting patients’ needs.
• Evidence Generation: Creates and analyzes data (e.g., Real World Evidence, Clinical Trials, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, etc.) to match new drugs with best uses.
The goal of the MAPS/IFAPP Academy course “Introduction to Medical Affairs in Medicines Development” is to provide a detailed overview of these roles, of Medical Affairs within biopharma, and of the drug development process as a whole so that participants can know and demonstrate their knowledge of the function. Learn more and apply HERE before the April 12 deadline.
Medical Affairs Professional Society
email us here
Syndicated from EIN Presswire: Education Press Releases